The SOMM family is growing, and we’re looking for contributing writers for the SOMM TV Online Magazine. If you have a unique perspective or a story to share, we’d love to invite you to write for us.
What We’re Looking For
We want voices who can relay consumer and trade stories across the food and drink industries. Generally, we aim to cover all things related to wine, spirits, beer, food, and travel. From historical deep dives to current trends to change-makers and innovators.
Pitch Your Idea
When emailing your pitch, think about including the following information:
- Is it a reported story? If so, who will you be interviewing, and how do they relate to the topic?
- Is the topic current? We want to know how it’s relevant to our readers today and six months from now.
- Want to write an educational piece? Let us know if it’s geared towards beginners or seasoned enthusiasts.
- What about seasonal content? Make sure you’re pitching several weeks ahead of the event or season.
How To Pitch
- Please send us an email with your story idea explaining why it’s exciting and how you’re going to convey it.
- Include the format or style of the article. i.e. feature story, interview q&a, food pairing/recipe, listicle etc.
- Don’t forget to tell us who you are, including any relevant industry experience or previous writing (links are encouraged).
If we think the idea is a fit, we’ll get back to you with a proposed word count, deadline for submission, and rate.
Please email your pitch to: email@example.com.